Under 14 & Under 16 Development: In-Season
Hamilton City Netball Centre’s Poipoia te Manawa Programme means to Nurture the Heart of Netball and it is the centres Player Development Plan (PDP). The purpose is to empower the Netball community by providing opportunities that are development focused and accessible.
The programme includes:
- Players will be observed in each programme of Poipoia te Manawa, to ensure they are participating at the appropriate level for the individual player.
- Participants will engage in physical skills and tactics which are netball specific, including strength, conditioning, and game play; with a strong emphasis placed on inclusion and having fun.
- Poipoia te Manawa also utilises concepts from other sports as research shows that multisport helps improve overall sport skills and allows enjoyment of a lifetime of physical participation.
Poipoia te Manawa is open to all:
- Any gender
- New or existing players of Netball
- From any Centre
- Currently registered to a team/club/school or NOT
- Under 14’s: Age 13 (born 2008) or 14 (2007) as of 01 January in the year of participation.
- Under 16’s: 15 (2006) or 16 (born 2005) as of 01 January in the year of participation.
- Dates: Tuesday: 18th, 25th May, 1st , 8th, 15th , 22nd, 29th June, 6th July.
- Time: 5.30pm – 7pm
- Venue: Hamilton City Netball Centre
- Rotorua Tournament - Sunday13th June.
- HCNC Poipoia Te Manawa Festival - Sunday 4th July.
- $130 per player
- Hoodie $65
- Tee Shirt $35
Available with registration, if you do NOT wish to purchase these items select "already have"
The theme in the Under 14 & Under 16 programme focuses on GAINING POSSESSION.
Gaining and maintaining possession of the ball are key elements to success in Netball. The more turnovers that can be created, the more opportunities teams get to take the ball to the goal. These sessions will focus on deception, vision and retention, essential for gaining possession and providing decisive attacking opportunities.
8-week programme plus Rotorua Tournament and Festival Day
- Week 1 - Observations & Testing
- Week 2 - Deceive to Receive
- Week 3 - Vision
- Week 4 - Retention
- Week 5 - Defend to Receive
- Week 6 - Creating Turnover
- Week 7 - Team Activities
- Week 8 - Debrief/ Conclusion