Under 14 & Under 16 Post-Season: Skills Sessions 2023
Hamilton City Netball Centres Player Development Programme (PDP) is structured to empower the Netball community by providing opportunities that are development focused and accessible. We offer a supportive and safe environment with an emphasis on welfare and personal growth will be maintained by being process driven.
Term 4 programme focus on Off Season for players. Incorporating a variety of Netball and different code skills & tactics for continued development, also strength and conditioning activities to help players with knowledge to prepare for the netball season.
Players will be grouped after the first day of observations.
- Under 14 players must be born 2009 or 2010
- Under 16 must be born 2007 or born 2008
- Dates: Tuesdays: 24th, 31st October, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th November
- Time: 5.30pm – 7.30pm
- Guest Coaches include HCNC Representative Coaches and Performance Coaches from our communty.
Venue: Hamilton City Netball Centre
Cost: $100 per player - [Players may purchase Poipoia te Manawa apparel sold separately]
For more information contact: (07) 8474007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to arrange a payment plan please contact us at email@example.com
Week 1: Fitness Testing & Skill Assessment
- Players will be grouped into the skills or skills extension programmes from observations
- Fitness testing - Key focus on how and why we do fitness testing.
- Skill activities
Week 2: Ball Skills and Footwork
- Variety of passes
- Agility & Speed
- Change of direction
- Athlete Development: Nutrition and Hydration
Week 3: Attack: Movement
- Pass and Move
- Turning Fully
- Court Balance
- Athlete Development: Sleep importance
Week 4: Defence
- Pressure on the ball
- Shadowing and blocking
- 3 Phases of Defence
- Athlete Development: Goal Setting
Week 5: Attack: Space
- Gaining the Ball
- Decision Making
- Passing into space
- Timing of movement
- Athlete Development: Self Analysis & Smart Health
Week: 6: Testing & Game Play
- Fitness Re-testing
- Skill Activities