Year 7 & 8 Development: In-Season
Hamilton City Netball Centre’s Poipoia te Manawa Programme means to Nurture the Heart of Netball and it is the centres Player Development Plan (PDP). The purpose is to empower the Netball community by providing opportunities that are development focused and accessible.
The programme includes:
- Players will be observed in each programme of Poipoia te Manawa, to ensure they are participating at the appropriate level for the individual player.
- Participants will engage in physical skills and tactics which are netball specific, including strength, conditioning, and game play; with a strong emphasis placed on inclusion and having fun.
- Poipoia te Manawa also utilises concepts from other sports as research shows that multisport helps improve overall sport skills and allows enjoyment of a lifetime of physical participation.
Poipoia te Manawa is open to all:
- Any gender
- New or existing players of Netball
- From any Centre
- Currently registered to a team/club/school or NOT
- Year 7 & 8: Must be in that year of school in the year of participation.
- Dates: Tuesday: 18th, 25th May, 1st , 8th, 15th , 22nd, 29th June, 6th July.
- Time: 5.30pm – 7pm
- Venue: Hamilton City Netball Centre
- HCNC Poipoia Te Manawa Festival - Sunday 4th July.
- $110 per player
- Hoodie $65
- Tee Shirt $35
Available with registration, if you do NOT wish to purchase these items select "already have"
The programme is theme-based with players in the programme participating in, developing and exploring SPACE.
Netball is a game that is all about space. Attackers try to create space and defenders try to shut down space to pull in an intercept. The Netball court should be balanced at all times; therefore players need to be aware of themselves in space and understand where they are in relation to others on court. There needs to be enough room for all players to make effective drives into space. If a player is not making a run for a ball, then they should be creating space for someone else to use. Space is a critical component in Netball.
8 week programme plus Festival Day
- Week 1 - Observations & Testing
- Week 2 - Creating Space
- Week 3 - Passing to Space
- Week 4 - Denying Space
- Week 5 - Finding Space
- Week 6 - Defending Space
- Week 7 - Team Activities
- Week 8 - Debrief/ Conclusion