Part Time - 25 hours per week
Hamilton City Netball Centre, located at Minogue Park in Forest Lake, is the Waikato’s largest netball centre. Grassroots netball is provided to 5500+ members from primary school age through to adults. In season over 270 games of netball are played over 5 days each week on 21 courts. Programmes are delivered to the community in the form of Skill Sessions, Development Camps, Holiday Programmes and Coach and Umpire education.
The landscape of sport is ever-changing in the modern world and the Centre is in a great space to have a strong future. The courts are currently being resurfaced in Rebound Ace, the amenities block is being reconfigured and upgraded and the main building is being upgraded.
There is an opportunity for a youth sport minded person to join the team to develop, co-ordinate and manage Hamilton City Netball Centre’s youth programmes and events (Year 9-13). Youth sport is the current of focus of Sport New Zealand and Netball New Zealand, which means that there are new programmes and new opportunities opening up alongside the traditional sport model. Hamilton City Netball Centre will be involved in these youth developments for both girls and boys.
- Hamilton City Netball Centre is people centred, so a strong ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in all situations with diverse groups of people is a must.
- Strong attention to detail with well developed planning abilities will ensure success in this role.
- A self motivated multi tasker who sees problems as a chance to provide solutions will deliver the development opportunities as well as the traditional game to a high level.
- A netball background is an advantage but is not necessary as long as grassroots sport is a passion and is well understood.
- Understanding of the challenges and issues faced by the modern youth will allow successful programmes and opportunities to be implemented successfully.
- Knowledge of education systems as they relate to sport will be a distinct advantage.
Part time - 25 hours per week – Days and hours are dependent on the time of the season with some weekends and evenings required to meet the needs of netball and the role. There is a large degree of flexibility in the role to work around family life. The role is one which will grow as new programmes are embedded. There is also the posibility of extra hours during the season for the right candidate.
Please provide a cover letter and resume with relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 07 February